|Bureaucrats (Nominations)||Admins (Nominations)||Rollback (Requests)||A-class Articles||Community Newsletter|
This is the page where formal requests for administratorship are recorded and archived. An explanation of what sysop rights are can be found below the list of admins at Project:Administrators.
Currently, requests for adminship are closed. This means that no new requests will be accepted.
There are no concrete requirements for a user to be an admin. However, admins will usually:
- Have a very strong history of contributions (including the content namespace), though quality is more important than quantity
- Be trusted by the community
- Have no history of serious blocks due to vandalism or sockpuppetry
- Users must have 50 edits and be a regular contributor for a month to be able to vote or nominate.
- Users who have been absent for extended periods of time (3 months or more) will be considered as "new users" for the purposes of RfA and must make 50 edits and be contributor for a further month before voting.
- Users must have rollback rights to be nominated for adminship.
Stage 1: Nominating Edit
- Users may not nominate themselves for adminship. Users must be nominated by another user. The user then has to accept the nomination.
- Users may not nominate each other (e.g. A can't nominate B and B nominate A in the same RfA)
- There will only be one request at a time. A decision will be made on the current request (change/no change) before the next request is considered.
Stage 2: Voting Edit
- Users may vote in support, be neutral, or oppose the adminship nomination. Users must provide a reason behind their position.
- Everyone's vote counts as one vote. Admins do not hold extra power.
- The vote will last for two weeks.
- Bureaucrats may close votes early at their discretion if the applicant is obviously unsuitable with no chance of succeeding. Voters may also request this if they believe the applicant has no chance of succeeding.
- At the end of the two weeks, the active Bureaucrat will determine whether consensus has been reached. This means that admin requests require at least a two-thirds support rate to pass. Strength of argument is more important than the number of votes.
How to Request for Adminship Edit
I, Template:User, nominate Template:User for adminship on Suite Life of Karan Wiki. (Other appropriate nomination statements may be used. The nominating user may give a reason for their nomination if they wish.)
- I, Example, accept this nomination. (Other appropriate acceptance statements may be used.)
- Question MihirB23 17:05, April 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Reply from candidate MihirB23 17:05, April 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Support Reason for support. MihirB23 17:05, April 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Neutral - Reason for neutrality. MihirB23 17:05, April 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Oppose - Reason for oppose. MihirB23 17:05, April 1, 2012 (UTC)